From: Vikas Aggarwal [mailto:vikas at navya com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 7:27 PM
To: Jerry Wilborn
Cc: 'snips-users navya'
Subject: Re: [snips-users] multithreaded snmpmonitor?

Jerry-

If you need such a fast multi-threaded SNMP monitor (for a very large
number of devices), see if you want to try the Fidelia NetVigil product (it
is a commercial product, but we are running specials for NOCOL users).

It has a *very* fast multithreaded SNMP poller which also sends multiple
requests to the same host in the same packet. It is capable of polling
about 50k SNMP tests on a single P3 or equivalent machine at 5 minute
intervals.

If you have custom monitors that you have written for NOCOL/SNIPS, you
should be able to port them to NetVigil easily.

For more information on the NOCOL program from Fidelia, please go to:

	http://www.fidelia.com/nocol/

NOTE: I work for Fidelia, and I hope that the various nocol programs
(including a free program for pingmon/hostmon users) will compensate for
the lack of active and periodic NOCOL releases.

	-vikas
	Vikas Aggarwal