     Re: [snips-users] ERROR: snips_rrd() empty devicename '' or variable ''

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:49:20PM -0400, stephen thompson wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been getting the following error from hostmon in hostmon.error:
>   ERROR: snips_rrd() empty devicename '' or variable ''

I've seen this and my first guess is that it's the root partition disk
space.  It actually seems to be a bug in the way that noclogd is logging
the variable rather than the way that anything is polling/displaying it.

I've not had much more time than to look at it and manually trying to
correlate it to system statistics/variables.

> I can't seem to track this down because SNIPS.so seems to be precompiled.
> All of the hostmon-client data appears to be okay.
> Ideas?
> thanks,
> Stephen

I hope to get a better chance to look at this in the future, but right
now work's kind of hectic, here.

Hope that helps a least a little bit...

Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.