     [snips-users] Feature request

I'm monitoring many machines, via SNMP, that don't fall under the
snmpmon's list of known device types
(system|rmon|router|cisco_router|cisco_ts|host), so I've had to use
snmpgeneric.

I'd like to know how I can use make use of Counter type SNMP variables
in SNIPS, not just Gauge, Integer and String (and maybe EnumVal as a
String?).

[explanation: Counters, in SNMP, are numbers that constantly increase
and eventualy roll over.  Their most popular use is for
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets and ifOutOctets, for measuring
network traffic.  The idea is that the number you want is the difference
between the current number and the last number, taking into account that
if the current number is less, then the counter "rolled over" to zero
again.]