     [snips-users] hostmon-client.linux & /proc/

Hello!

Modern versions of Linux have several files in /proc/ which can be consulted for almost any data.

I was wondering if anyone had thought of rewriting hostmon-client.linux to use the info out of there instead of parsing it out of, e.g. "uptime" or "vmstat" output.

I was thinking of a subroutine that you pass the /proc/ filename and the parameter you want, and it returns the value, so e.g. the line to collec the data for SwapSpace could be:

print "SwapSpace: " . &procinfo("meminfo","SwapFree") . "Kbytes\n" ;

Is anyone interested in such a thing? -dan
--
Daniel MacKay
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, +1 902.499.0488