     [snips-users] Want *exactly* X things

Hi!

I am monitoring how many processes are on a set of machines.

On machine A, I always want 4 of them - alarm if it's higher or lower.

On machine B, I always want 2 - alarm if it's higher or lower.

On the rest of the machines, I want none - alarm if the count is not zero.

I modified hostmon-osclient to produce the number - but how do I configure etc/hostmon-config to alarm for these? The processes are called TomCats so I tried

TomCats		A	4 4 4
TomCats		B	2 2 2
TomCats		*	0 0 0

but this doesn't work at all. Please, if you have a suggestion, or know that hostmon can't do it, write back. Thanks very much.
--
Daniel MacKay
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada