     Re: [snips-users] openbsd 3.* build issues

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 06:01:09PM -0400, Joshua Sahala wrote:
> after much head-banging (all while ignoring the obvious warnings)
>
> OS=OpenBSD 3.3 is not a supported or detected operating system.
>
>  [...]
>
> i finally took its advice and modified the Configure script
> i changed the line

I'm set to do a reinstall of OpenBSD at some point (anyone else?);
though I'm still running 2.8 myself (*cough*).  I might just suggest the
following, though...

-- begin
*** Configure.orig      Fri Aug 17 16:09:52 2001
--- Configure   Sat Sep 27 03:09:10 2003
***************
*** 244,250 ****
                OS_LIBS="${LIBRESOLV} -lcrypt" # some hosts -lresolv not needed
                PING=`which ping`     # can do ping -c cnt host
                ;;
!   OPENBSD|OpenBSD\ 2*)
                OS_CFLAGS="-DFREEBSD"
                OS_LIBS="${LIBRESOLV}"
                PING="/sbin/ping"
--- 244,250 ----
                OS_LIBS="${LIBRESOLV} -lcrypt" # some hosts -lresolv not needed
                PING=`which ping`     # can do ping -c cnt host
                ;;
!   OPENBSD|OpenBSD\ 2*|OpenBSD\ 3*)
                OS_CFLAGS="-DFREEBSD"
                OS_LIBS="${LIBRESOLV}"
                PING="/sbin/ping"
-- end

> ps - you may want to update the master Configure script to reflect
> updates to various O/Ss - namely FreeBSD 5* and OpenBSD 3*

I'll commit it to CVS once I've done the OpenBSD install -- though
that's honestly been on my plate a little while now (I was actually
thinking about "waiting" until the new code is released in November,
personally -- new OpenBSD, that is).

On the other hand, if you want to port "hostmon" or some such, please
let me know... still something that's been on the backburner (for me,
anyhow) for quite some time, now.

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"Who me?  I just wander from room to room."