     Re: [snips-users] monitor access to cisco router using telnet

Guys,
It seems the problem all along is that I specified two different intervals.
One POLLINTERVAL 120 for the cisco router and test openbsd that I just added.
Then for other devices I specified POLLINTERVAL 3600. This seems to override the other POLLINTERVAL previously set.
After I only specified only one POLLINTERVAL 120, then every 2 minutes I see snips polling and the state of the device changes
appropriately.

Can someone please confirm that I cannot use more that one POLLINTERVAL declarations.

Thanks for your time.
It's really appreaciated.

Allan P. Magmanlac wrote:

Thanks. I'll try that. Just to clarify...
I can specify different POLLINTERVAL for each device right?

POLLINTERVAL    120
TIMEOUT 30

HOST    test-router 172.16.2.2        telnet  23      Critical
Time    5 10 15    User Access

POLLINTERVAL    500
more devices...

Note that for testing purposes, I also included the config below, then I run tcpdump
on host 172.16.2.3 to see how often it polls. But I'm not seeing anything. It seems to me that
there may be something wrong. It's been more than 20 minutes now and I've not seen
snips logging a new state. (i.e error)
# tcpdump -p -n -s 1200 -X host 172.16.2.3 and port 23

POLLINTERVAL    120
HOST    test-openbsd    172.16.2.3           telnet  23      Critical
QUIT    quit