     [snips-users] monitor access to cisco router using telnet

Hello,
I'm using snips-1.1 and would like to monitor ( using portmon) a cisco router and notify me if it stops accepting telnet connection.

This is the normal interaction with the router.
myopenbsd> telnet test-router
Trying 172.16.2.2...
Connected to test-router.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username: testaccount
Password:

test-router> quit
Connection closed by foreign host.

my portmon-confg file related to this is

POLLINTERVAL    120
TIMEOUT 30

HOST    test-router 172.16.2.2        telnet  23      Critical
info    User Access
QUIT    quit

I tested by blocking telnet and by doing this I would expect that snips would complain and it does. However it never gets critical. It only gets to the warning state.

Any idea.

Thanks
Allan

Allan P. Magmanlac
allan magmanlac at nrns.ca
NRNS Incorporated
DREnet Network Coordination Centre (NCC)
Tel: (613) 599-7860 ext 107