     Re: [snips-users] unused monitors

On Saturday 22 January 2005 01:23 pm, Daniel MacKay wrote:
> What is the correct protocol for not using one of the monitors that
> keepalive-monitors.pl wants to start?
>
> a) comment it out of keepalive-monitors.pl?
> b) create a zero byte -config file?
> c) something else?

I comment them out. and I keep that file common across all hosts:
in this example there are 2 SNIPS hosts, and all other hosts fell into "localhost" category.

@{'inet645'} = qw( snipslogd etherload ippingmon rpcpingmon
                    nsmon ntpmon portmon portmon1 hostmon hostmon-collector
                    hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client smbmon
                  );
@{'inet613'} = qw( snipslogd etherload ippingmon rpcpingmon trapmon
                    nsmon ntpmon portmon hostmon hostmon-collector
                    hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client smbmon syslogmon
                  );
@{'localhost'} = qw( hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client );