     RE: [snips-users] error in log or where is a maintainer?

Folks,

I had sent email to several 'active' members almost 2 years ago offering
access to the CVS server but nobody responded. I would like to make that
offer again.

Personally, I would recommend starting with SNIPS instead of NOCOL since
SNIPS has been largely re-written and made much more streamlined. Tuc- I
know you have had trouble compiling SNIPS, but a lot of folks are using
SNIPS so I would suggest working with SNIPS and figuring out why it wont
work for you, instead of rewriting NOCOL.

The current SNIPS beta (1.2beta2) is probably the best starting point. If we
have some volunteers, i can send out the patches I have recieved for SNIPS
so that they can be merged into snips-1.2beta2 and we can release the stuck
snips-1.2beta

That being said, I would encourage users who have large networks and want an
integrated fault-performance to give Fidelia NetVigil a try (disclaimer: I
work for Fidelia). A number of large NOCOL users have converted to Fidelia,
and the features such as multi-user model, trend analysis reports, etc. end
up paying for the product cost very quickly. NetVigil competes against
OpenView, InfoVista, Concord, BMC, but most of our users like NetVigil
because of the open APIs which allow you to add new monitors, new actions,
etc. Yale, Northwestern, Cornell, Verizon, Sony Online, Spirit Air and more
are all using NetVigil. If you are interested in a month long eval, you can
do so. A user group for NetVigil will also be starting up later this month.

Please send me email if you want CVS access to SNIPS.

	-vikas