     [snips-users] Possible bugs with perlsnips?

I've been having quite a few problems trying to get the hostmon
utilities working on snips 1.0. I'm trying to get this going on both
Solaris 8 (sparc) and FreeBSD 4.3. I've been concentrating on the
Solaris implementation but found the same problems on FreeBSD when I
started trying there.

First the hostmon-client is producing some worrysome messages (see
below).

Secondly, the hostmon-collector is trapping (I haven't quite figured out
how or why) inside the socket call in the try_telnet subrouting.  This
is not a proper exit of the socket call but an actual interrupt causing
the eval to end prematurely (I traced this).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with the new hostmon? If
so, have we got any fixes yet?  Unfortunately I don't have time right
now to fix these bugs myself.

>From hostmon-client

Argument "CHLD" isn't numeric in entersub at
/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach/POSIX.pm line 207, <CMD> chunk 1.

Use of uninitialized value at
bin/hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client.freebsd line 147.

--
Ean Kingston (eankingston at home com)
     I recently lost my job due to down sizing. If you