     Re: [nocol-users] security problems with webnocol.cgi,genweb.pl,notifier.pl, etc.

>         I'm a relatively new user of nocol and I am quite pleased.
>         I really like the short amount of time it took me to start
>         monitoring remote DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and NNTP servers. However,
>         I've had to disable webnocol.cgi because of its many security
>         problems.

Are there specific security problems you've noted with webnocol.cgi or
are you just nervous because it's not running in taint mode? genweb.pl
and notifier.pl are only run by cron and should therefore be in your
total control.

    Rick Beebe                                            (203) 785-6416
    Manager, Systems & Network Engineering           FAX: (203) 785-3978
    ITS-Med Production Services                   Richard.Beebe@yale.edu
    Yale University School of Medicine
    Suite 214, 100 Church Street South, New Haven, CT 06519