     Re: [nocol-users] nsmon getting tied up...

Hi there,

Yes, Paul Johnston has explained this, and given me a fix in the form of an
updated nsmon.c.
I have built a new nsmon , and am currently testing it.
I will pass the code on, but want Paul's okay before doing so.

I will let you know how is goes..

Steve

At 09:24 13/02/01 -0500, Tuc wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am having a problem with nsmon when monitorring one of my resolvers, the
>> resolver goes into nocol as named donw, and won't respond to subsequent
>> queries, however when i do the following: dig @<machine> soa <domain>, it
>> gets an autorative answer, then clears itself. The resolver is listed in
>> the config file as not requiring an AUTH answer, however it sometimes
>> returns one when first queried, which then clears nocol.
>>
>> Any ideas, or has anybody else had similar experiences...
>>
>	We have some machines that nsmon marks down, and we can't for the
>life of us understand. With debugging, I find that it receives a reply but
>no data supposedly. Dig and nslookup both work perfectly.  I use nstest
>and I get "0" every time.... ODD!  (BSDI monitoring BSDI and Solaris)
>
>	I'm very interested in a solution. (Especially with these recent
>Bind holes!)
>
>		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.

Steve Foster
Senior Systems Administrator
PSINet Europe
Work: +44 (1223) 577322