     Re: [nocol-users] nsmon getting tied up...

> Hi there,
>
> I am having a problem with nsmon when monitorring one of my resolvers, the
> resolver goes into nocol as named donw, and won't respond to subsequent
> queries, however when i do the following: dig @<machine> soa <domain>, it
> gets an autorative answer, then clears itself. The resolver is listed in
> the config file as not requiring an AUTH answer, however it sometimes
> returns one when first queried, which then clears nocol.
>
> Any ideas, or has anybody else had similar experiences...

	We have some machines that nsmon marks down, and we can't for the
life of us understand. With debugging, I find that it receives a reply but
no data supposedly. Dig and nslookup both work perfectly.  I use nstest
and I get "0" every time.... ODD!  (BSDI monitoring BSDI and Solaris)

	I'm very interested in a solution. (Especially with these recent
Bind holes!)

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.