     Re: [nocol-users] Standard Question - ippingmon.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 04:04:27PM -0500, Rick Beebe wrote:
> > I have tried to find a decent way in reloading the Config file into
> > ippingmon. Anyone succeeded yet ?
>
> There's not really a 'clean' way yet.

I noticed that too :}

> > The Problem is, it seems to take out all Entries in the updates file. But
> > if there are 200 - it's quite annoying...
>
> You can save a copy of the updates file and, after everything has
> settled down, copy it back. The trick is to make sure genweb.pl isn't
> running when you do that or it may overwrite it again. For those times
> when I forget (or ippingmon restarts for other reasons) I wrote a perl
> script which just hides everything with a description of 'device
> non-reponsive at startup'.

Yep. That's what happened to me. Actually - I have around 1700 sites to
monitor and shortly forget to take a copy of the Updates file. It takes
about 1 Hour for everything to come back to normal. But we need to rely on
these this Data somehow. If I wait about 1 Hour for the System to settle
back - during this time no new Tickets will be issued. And that's the
point.

I'll figure something out ... even If I know I'll don't like the result...

Cheers & Thx

	Jeorg
--
Joerg Mertin                                 PSINet Europe
Business Process Automation Group Manager    Rue Fritz-Courvoisier 103