     [nocol-users] Re: length of "Device Name"

Really old topic, but has anyone else done this? I changed MAXNMLEN to 25
from 16. Other than the netconsole, what else did you have to change? I'm
perfectly content to have the netconsole simply be truncated, as we don't
utilize it much, if ever.

--Nathan

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Rick Beebe wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:07:11 -0400
> From: Rick Beebe <richard.beebe@yale.edu>
> To: Otto Fuetterer <ottof@synopsys.com>
> Cc: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: length of "Device Name"
>
> Otto Fuetterer wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > this question is regarding the webinterface to nocol
> > The subject says it all, where do I make the field that holds "Device Name"
> > longer?
> > Currently this fieldīs maximum is 15 Characters. A Router Name like
> > "Deutschland-router" get cut to "Deutschland-rou" and when troubleshooting
> > with nslookup this string is passed and of course nslookup does not find
> > this Rou(ter)
> >
> > Thanks for help
> >
> > OTTO
>
> It's actually not a web interface issue. NOCOL uses 15 character device
> names throughout. Just off the top of my head--you could try changing
> MAXNMLEN in nocol.h (in the include directory of the distribution) and
> recompile. Then you'd also need to redefine $event_t in nocollib.pl
> (probably the a15's should be changed to MAXNMLEN-1).
>
> I haven't tried this so there may be other changes you'd need to make.
>
> --
>   _______________________________________________________________________
>
>     Rick Beebe                                           (203) 785-6416
>     Manager, Systems & Network Engineering          FAX: (203) 785-3978
>     ITS-Med Client & Technology Services         Richard.Beebe@yale.edu
>     Yale University School of Medicine
>     P.O. Box 208078, New Haven, CT 06520-8078

Nathan Clemons, Systems Engineer
WinStar Internet and Hosting Services

800 South Main St. Mansfield, MA  02048
nclemons@winstar.com    www.winstar.com    (v) 800-234-0002 ext.1109