     Re: [nocol-users] Rereading Config Files

My intent is to restart them without killing the state information which
is done if you kill all the NOCOL processes. Besides, a kill HUP signal is
a lot cleaner.

--Nathan

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Michael Stevens wrote:

> Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:02:33 +0000
> From: Michael Stevens <mstevens@imaginet.co.uk>
> To: "Nathan Clemons [Staff]" <nathan@ici.net>
> Cc: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: [nocol-users] Rereading Config Files
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 09:43:39AM -0500, Nathan Clemons [Staff] wrote:
> > Do any of the monitors reread the config files on a HUP signal? I'm
> > looking to set these up across the board on all of my monitors and I'm
> > looking for a good perl example. I've done it in C working on a MUD (yes,
> > MUDs can actually benefit a coder =).
>
> It's probably cheating, but I just kill them and let
> keepalive_monitors bring them back later...

Nathan Clemons, Systems Engineer
WinStar Internet and Hosting Services

800 South Main St. Mansfield, MA  02048
nclemons@winstar.com    www.winstar.com    (v) 800-234-0002 ext.1109