     Odd behaviour

Recently we started having problems with nocol sending us e-mails and
pages saying that some server was down when it really wasn't.  I believe
we were running 4.2.1 at the time when it happened, but have since
upgraded to 4.2.2beta2 with no improvement.  Almost all of the messages
seem to come from portmon.  We're running ippingmon and nsmon as well and
I haven't seen any messages from them in a while.  We get in upwards of
150 messages daily saying the servers up or the servers down and they get
annoying.  I was just wondering if anyone else experience this problem or
have any ideas of what could be causing the problem?

-Bryan Stillwell

---
   Verinet Communications, Inc.
   http://www.verinet.com/