     Re: Problems with WebNOCOL... help!

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Matthew E. Pearson wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 02:34:42 -0400
> From: Matthew E. Pearson <mpearson@tiac.net>
> To: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: Problems with WebNOCOL... help!
>
> VERY interesting... these problems only happen with MS Internet Explorer... it must use a different cookie system??? Any thougts on a fix?

Actually, I saw similiar problems with Netscape 3.03 on Solaris, though
vowed I'd look in to it... half of it seem to be the script asking for
authentication, the other half seem to be the web server.  My <guess>
would be that an Apache web server doesn't properly pass the user_auth
info through to the script (I've seen some similiar problems in scripts
I've written in the past, too -- it's some weird "default" setting with
Apache, if I remember right).

So, it sounds like the problem could be two-fold... perhaps IE doesn't
properly present its "credentials" all the time and Apache doesn't pass
along the authenticated username or some such.

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS