From: owner-snips-users at navya com [mailto:owner-snips-users at navya com] On
Behalf Of Russell Van Tassell
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 11:21 AM
To: Joe Warren-Meeks
Cc: snips-users at navya com
Subject: Re: [snips-users] remote probes

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:26:39AM +0000, Joe Warren-Meeks wrote:

> >Hmmm... ok, if it's "working" kinda, then I'm guessing you have
> >network connectivity between the two.  So you're just asking about
> >getting the RRD files to the main system??  Perhaps use something
> >like rsync over ssh to pull data back on a regular basis?  Would that
solve it?

> Yeah, I did consider that and that would work, but that means doing
> rsync over ssh every 1 minute as that is the granularity our
> manglement expect.
>
> Guess I'll have to try it and see.
>
> Cheers!

Me, I'd tell them "history is 15 minutes delayed" and do the rsync
less-often.  Granularity remains the same, but the results are 1-15m old.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"There are not so many lessons in glad times.  Adversity is by far the
better teacher.  Adversity will be part of almost all our lives.  So it  is
not in escaping adversity, but in answering it, that our character
 is defined."                                      -- Christopher Warren