     Re: [Fwd: Re: [snips-users] error in log or where is a maintainer?]

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 14:10, Russell Van Tassell wrote:
> > I've noticed the same thing. I too was donating patches to the project and
> > they have all been accepted. This list has been very inactive too. Hopefully
> > Vikas is reading this and will either help or at the least give us his okay
> > to go to sourceforge.
>
> It's been my general observation that this list tends to be rather
> "bursty" in nature, perhaps with an influx of "new" people.  As I've
> said, I'd love to see more interest drummed up on this and development
> start to move forward again (*pokes Vikas* *chuckle*).
>
> > At one point I think Vikas had set up a CVS server and offered to give poeple
> > who asked update access. I asked for it but never got it.
>
> Hmmm... I hadn't seen that (else would have jumped at the idea), but at
> one point I had dropped the tree under my own CVS server -- probably just
> better to get Vikas' blessing and hit Sourceforge though, nowadays (not
> like that hasn't already been said... HeHe)

Even though I don't really want to do this without Vikas' blessing,
since it is under a GPL type license, we could spin off a project on
source forge (Hey Vikas get involved here okay). This is one that I
would like to be involved in too. I have some rather strong feelings
about montioring software and SNIPS comes closes to meeting those in a
freely available product.

I'm still running the Nocol 4.4 beta because there are a few bugs in
SNIPS that are just unacceptable and I haven't been able to fix them
yet. I would want to use SNIPS as the basis though, Vikas did some
really good work on the rewrite, the code is a lot cleaner than Nocol.

--
Ean Kingston <ean at hedron org>