     Re: [snips-users] error in log or where is a maintainer?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 04:01:24PM -0500, Dmitry Sazonov wrote:
> this is very old problem. It seems to me that SNIPS doesn't have a
> maintainer anymore (last 2 years).
> IMHO the project should be moved to sourceforge and a new maintainer
> should be found.
> otherwise it will slowly die (it may be dead already?).
>
> PS: we are moving off of SNIPS because it's not maintained anymore.

Personally, I'd /love/ to (re)start contributing to this project
again... I know that Tuc (?) used to be very active, as well, though I
suspect he might have moved on to better things already?  Personally,
I've offered to get something up on a CVS server, but with the advent an
acceptance of Sourceforge...

...question being, what Vikas might think of such a thing?  I seem to
remember previous opposition to outside help?  (though I know he's
gladly accepted patches from me in the past and has applied them in
later releases)

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of
someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and
true." - Dickens