     [snips-users] hostmon-client

I think I've reported this a couple of times in the past, but the
hostmon-client is still b0rken for clients that don't use NFS and have
gone so far as to disable its use... it likes to complain every poll
interval:

  nfsstat: kernel is not configured with the client nfs and rpc code.

Personally, I'd like to not have to remember which hosts this is
configured for and which it isn't... likewise, if it's not there, the
client should remember it and then not complain every few minutes (ie.
once is more than enough).

Another issue... hostmon-client does not seem to properly check for the
presence of snipsperl.conf like the other Perl monitors nicely do... ok,
it checks, but perhaps it should check its own directory first (and then
use it if it's there) and maybe let the "global" one (normally found in
/usr/local/snips or the like) override it or supplement it.  Yes, I
realize that this sort of "feature" is probably largely debately on the
pros and cons of doing that this way, particularly because I tend to
distribute my hostmons by simply tar'ing up the directories and moving
them over (probably should move a keepalive over as well or something).

Ok, I'll quiet down like a good little user, now, before I get majorly
LART'd... HeHe

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, 'cuz, you are crunchy and
 taste good with ketchup."