     [snips-users] SNIPS w/ SNMP Traps

Hello,
	I have been using Nocol for several years and have had great
results with it. However, I now find myself in the position of having to
update our network management infrastructure to handle proactive, SNMP
trap based event handling.
	I would like to know if anyone has done significant work between
CMU SNMP and SNIPS so that SNIPS can log, react to, and manage traps
coming from SNMP capable equipment. I understand from the FAQ that it is
capable of querying SNMP devices, but I'm looking for more immediate
feedback and response.
	For example, I have several devices that are capable of sending
SNMP traps for issues like carrier drops, error thresholds. I would like
this equipment to be able to create an event in SNIPS that would allow our
technicians to resond to and correct the problem.

Any comments?

    Vice President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
           http://www.nacs.net   info at nacs net   (216)-619-2000
                              KP-216-121-ST