     Re: [nocol-users] Standard Question - ippingmon.

> I have tried to find a decent way in reloading the Config file into
> ippingmon. Anyone succeeded yet ?

There's not really a 'clean' way yet.

> The Problem is, it seems to take out all Entries in the updates file. But
> if there are 200 - it's quite annoying...

You can save a copy of the updates file and, after everything has
settled down, copy it back. The trick is to make sure genweb.pl isn't
running when you do that or it may overwrite it again. For those times
when I forget (or ippingmon restarts for other reasons) I wrote a perl
script which just hides everything with a description of 'device
non-reponsive at startup'.

    Rick Beebe                                            (203) 785-6416
    Manager, Systems & Network Engineering           FAX: (203) 785-3978
    ITS-Med Production Services                   Richard.Beebe@yale.edu
    Yale University School of Medicine
    Suite 214, 100 Church Street South, New Haven, CT 06519