     Re: [nocol-users] sending mail without sendmail??

If you don't want to use sendmail, use CPAN's Net::SMTP module. It
connects directly to an SMTP server. Here's an example:

----- Start -----
#!/usr/bin/perl

use Net::SMTP;

sub SendEmail {

        my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new('smtp.kansas.net');

        $smtp->mail('willkil@kansas.net');
        $smtp->to('chuck@onyxsys.net');
        $smtp->data();
        $smtp->datasend("From: Me <willkil\@kansas.net>\n" .
			"To: You <chuck\@onyxsys.net>\n" .
			"Subject: Example\n\n"
	);

	open(MAILFILE, 'mail.txt');
	$smtp->datasend(<MAILFILE>);
	close(MAILFILE);

        $smtp->dataend();
        $smtp->quit();

} # sub SendWilliamEmail

Thanks,

William Kilian - Internet Technical Support
support@kansas.net - (785) 776-1452
Fox Business Systems and KansasNet
Now open 9AM-9PM M-F and 10AM-5PM Sat. at our new location, 531 Ft. Riley Blvd