     Re: length of "Device Name"

Otto Fuetterer wrote:

> Hi,
> this question is regarding the webinterface to nocol
> The subject says it all, where do I make the field that holds "Device Name"
> longer?
> Currently this fieldīs maximum is 15 Characters. A Router Name like
> "Deutschland-router" get cut to "Deutschland-rou" and when troubleshooting
> with nslookup this string is passed and of course nslookup does not find
> this Rou(ter)
>
> Thanks for help
>
> OTTO

It's actually not a web interface issue. NOCOL uses 15 character device
names throughout. Just off the top of my head--you could try changing
MAXNMLEN in nocol.h (in the include directory of the distribution) and
recompile. Then you'd also need to redefine $event_t in nocollib.pl
(probably the a15's should be changed to MAXNMLEN-1).

I haven't tried this so there may be other changes you'd need to make.

    Rick Beebe                                           (203) 785-6416
    Manager, Systems & Network Engineering          FAX: (203) 785-3978
    ITS-Med Client & Technology Services         Richard.Beebe@yale.edu
    Yale University School of Medicine
    P.O. Box 208078, New Haven, CT 06520-8078