     Re: anyone out there

On or about Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 10:50:56AM +0100, Peter Galbavy typed:

>On the subject of NetCOOL, the people developing this stuff are human,
>and if there are specific things wrong (and you have spent in many
>cases over $1M) talk to them. Avoid the sales geek.

When the relevant person (at the previous orkplace) did this, he got
told roughly "this is the best way to do things because we say so, if you
have a problem with it tough luck".

Which is why we're not using at the current orkplace.

>http://www.netsaint.org/ knocks the testicles off NOCOL and NetCOOL
>for basic networks monitoring and alerts. While still on the mailing
>list, we gave up on NOCOL both for ourselves and for a client who
>required basic network monitoring. Sorry. It is going nowhere.

I haven't used it; I'll take a look, thanks.

Roger

--
Roger Burton West                                    roger@firedrake.org
                      ACTING IN A PRIVATE CAPACITY