     Re: portmon too slow

Part of the problem as I see it is that portmon tends to wait TOO LONG
for things to timeout when they are down.  Another problem is that
everything is monitored serially; perhaps having portmon fork off a
couple of helper children who actually do all of the work and just
take instructions/return results from/to the parent via pipes.

Just thoughts.

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy