     Re: Hostmon issues

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, TTSG wrote:

> 	That wasn't one of my options. 8-) Ok, SOMETHING has to be triggering
> it.  Are you sure hostmon is sleeping 15 minutes, not 15 seconds. 8-)

Is it in seconds?  I though this line of code in hostmon took care of
things:

 if ($1 < 60) {$sleeptime = $1 * 60; } # assume minutes

The timer value in my hostmon-confg file is 15, which means it should
multiply 15*60 = 900.  If I run it in debug mode it says "sleep for 900 -
21".

> > It's very specific.
> >
> 	Thats just TOO weird.......

Tell me about it....I didn't think that an application *could* mix socket
connections up.

> 	What OS is the system doing the monitoring, and the one being
> monitored?  We monitor FROM a BSDI, TO either BSDI or Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6
> and 2.7

Solaris 2.6, monitoring Solaris 2.[4-6].  I ran this program on an old
SunOS 4.1.4 machine at the last company I worked for (which I didn't set
up) and it worked fine.

-
  Greg Swallow -- Assistant System Administrator (whew!) -- Access Indiana
   "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.." - Tom Waits
  http://www.ai.org -- (800) 236-5446 -- (317) 233-2010 -- gswallow@ai.org