     Re: Numeric Pager program

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 05:41:46PM -0400, TTSG wrote:
> > >
> > > I am looking for a numeric pager solution for nocol. If anyone has one
> > > that works for FreeBSD/UNIX I would greatly LOVE to see it.

I made a (very unreliable) script which would send a number to a numeric
pager, without using IXO/TAP.  The problem is that it doesn't really do
anything but
	send ATDTphonenumber
	wait a while
	send pagernumber
	wait a while
	send numericcode
	wait
	hang up
Unfortunately, this is unreliable with all the pager systems I had access
to.  They wanted you to listen to the whole message, which was of varying
length. :-(

> > 	Look into Kermit if you can use IXO to access the pager.
> >

> But what do I pass to the pager?

You'll have to translate the various parts of the status to a number.  I
had a script which did that..., yup, still do.  If someone wants it, ask.

--
"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."
Thomas Erskine        <thomas.erskine-dated-sig@crc.ca>        (613) 998-2836