     Re: RPMs and/or rc.d startup files

> From:  "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@oneinsane.net>
> Date:  Tue, 11 May 1999 15:22:22 -0700
>
> On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 04:22:41PM -0500, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > Before I go out reinventing too many wheels, is there an RPM for nocol.
> If
> > not, are there rc.d files for starting nocol and hostmon and whatever els
> > might need to be started?
> >
> > Chris
> >

> Did you look i the source. and I also think it is in the bin dir as well.
> There is a crontab entry for the necessary monitors and theonly one that
> requires a simple shell scripts is hostmon-client. I use something like
> this:
>
> 	insane-lunatic> less nocol.sh
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	/usr/local/nocol/hostmon-client &
>
> This seems to work perfectly for me.

So you start everything out of cron rather than starting it at boot time?
That's rather unusual, isn't it?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
+1 512 432 4046                 4314 Avenue C                    O-

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature