     Re: [nocol-users] process monitor?

I think you can accomplish that by using SNMP, ie for a SUN you could
catch a list of all processes in an array like this (assuming perl):

$CHEKCMD="snmpwalk -c $COMM $HOST sun.sunMib.sunProcesses.sunProcessTable.psEntry.psProcessName";
@OUTPUT=`$CHEKCMD`;

then check for the occurance of the processname:
$OK=0;
foreach (@OUTPUT){
        /$PROCESS/ and $OK=1;
        }

have fun, Ewald...

--
Ewald H. Beekman, Network Engineer, Academic Medical Center,
dept.  ADB/ICT Computer & Network Services,  The Netherlands