     Re: [nocol-users] solaris & hostmon

Keith,

Do you have hostmon setup to use a different port than normal?  Also
check your /tmp for the run file and make sure that the reference to
the open file descriptor for any instance of hostmon is gone.

Other than occaisional dying, I have a slew of Solaris boxes with 2.6
on them run hostmon just fine. Korn shell script to properly eradicate
and restart dead ones available. If you change the default port for
noclogd, make sure you are very thorough in the source and hostmon
knows about it.

--Rick

--
Rick Robino                                         mailto:rrobino@gstis.net