     Re: [nocol-users] new setup - having probs

> > in "ippingmon-confg" I have
> >
> > POLLINTERVAL  10
> > router 205.233.176.1
> > rimply 207.61.97.129
> > ipcc 207.61.97.1
>
> Change the POLLINTERVAL to like 30... It might be that checking it every
> 10 seconds is not giving it enough time to report up/down state.. Besides,
> it really does not need to be check THAT often...We find that 30-45
> seconds is good enough.  Gives the machines just enough time to come back
> up if they are being rebooted without sending out pages to our network
> staff...

I moved polling interval to 45 seconds, same thing .. there is something
wrong with ippingmon or multiping or something ... but both compiled fine
with no probs

> Also, are you doing any type of ICMP filtering?  Just checking since we
> forgot we were doing that when we first put nocol up.  Now we only allow
> our nocol box to send ICMP through our network.

no filtering.

|                Steve Mickeler  -- Steve@Neptune.On.Ca             |
|		          Network Operations                        |
|               Mirabilis ICQ UINs - 4993714 & 5806610              |
| Neptune Internet Services - Voice: 905-895-0898 Fax: 905-895-1759 |