     Re: New Nocol install weird messages

On Sun, Oct 18/98, TTSG <ttsg@ttsg.com> wrote:

> 		BUT YOUR STILL NOT ANSWERING A FEW THINGS.......
>
> (Maybe you just keep missing them..............)
>

> 1) Why do I keep getting "(libdebug) eventlog syswrite error:"
I'm seeing these too. It used to mean that hostmon was failing to write
to noclogd, but currently that doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't
spent any time pursueing it any further.

> 2) What does "do_line: ERROR- no 'default' config for DFspace_%used" mean?

This means you don't have a default. i.e. an entry with no trailing
regex.

DFspace_avail   *       20 15 10        /$ <- regex
DFspace_avail   *       40 30 20	   <- default

> 3) What causes a "newSocket() connect failed: Interrupted system call".

Are you using the builtin telnet protocol? I think this error happens
when you are not and the client tries to connect to the server. I sent a
patch to Vikas that adds an ssh option which bypasses the code that does
telnet if it's defined. If you don't plan to use the telnet option you
could comment out the code that trys and fails to use it before falling
back to rcp.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.