     Re: NOCOL 4.2.2 BETA 1- Error

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 11:29:41AM -0700, jhenders@bogon.com wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 08/98, "Richard, Arnold S." <asdr@illangai.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:
> > I was installing the latest NOCOL on a Solaris 2.5.1 box and
> > running "make" results in the following error:
> >
> > "ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> > show_nocol_struct_sizes
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `show_nocol_struct_sizes'
> > Current working directory /local1/src/nocol-4.2.2beta1/utility
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `show_nocol_struct_sizes'
> > Current working directory /local1/src/nocol-4.2.2beta1/perlnocol"
>
> Did an answer for this ever hit the list? I didn't see it.
> I ran across this too, though my error was actually this.

> prognm                              /opt/src/nocol-4.2.2beta1/lib/libnocol.a
> debug                               /opt/src/nocol-4.2.2beta1/lib/libnocol.a
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> show_nocol_struct_sizes

the problem seems to be that this bit of code (as ripped from
display_nocol_datafile.c), was missing in
show_nocol_struct_sizes.c

 --- snip

  int     debug;          /* referenced in libnocol.a */
  char    *prognm;        /* referenced in libnocol.a */

 --- snip

I inserted it between
#include "../include/nocol.h"
and
#define S(x)    sizeof(x)

BTW

After making this change, show_nocol_struct_sizes compiled just fine. Maybe
this little oversight will be corrected in the next Beta.

So long,
Martin
--
Martin Boening, MB3792    | EMail: mboen@sbs.de
SBS SCN22, Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, D-81739 Muenchen (Perlach), Germany

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.
                -- Weisert