     Re: Pager Notification

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 04:18:38PM -0400, Vikas Aggarwal wrote:
> > From: Russell Van Tassell <russell@cscorp.com>
> > Subject: Pager Notification
>
> You can probably do this by running your pager program from 'noclogd-conf'
> directly. If at the critical level, noclogd logs the event only ONCE when
> it goes critical, and once when it goes out of critical.
>
> 	-vikas

I'm just installing nocol at our site, and so far it works very well.
I'm currently working at an paging solution, but have a problem.

Our webcache frequently crashes (we are debugging it, but i have no
idea why) in which case we need to restart it.
If I assign it 'critical' level in portmon-conf, it slowly rises from
'warning','error' to critical (one with each check). As portmon rechecks
every 10 minutes means that our webcache is 30 minutes down before
someone will get paged. Is there a way to circumvent this 'slow rise'
or, even better, a way to trigger an earlier recheck in case something
fails ?(so fatal errors would rise more quickly)

CU,
    Sec
--
Wir sind grad beim Testen der News und haben leider noch nichts sinnvolles
gefunden. Eine Antwort auf Ihre Frage können wir aus Kompetenzgründen leider