The main features in this release of the software are:
» RRDtool support Support for storing and graphing monitored data using RRDtool. » HUP handler All monitors can be sent a HUP signal to re-read their config file. » 'rating' of events A new binary string indicating the result of the last 4 (or 8) polls for each device. » color curses Support for color curses in snipstv » more snipstv views Multiple extended views in snipstv (using the 'e' key) » snipsweb sorting snipsweb allows sorting and filtering when run as a CGI » hostmon for NT hostmon-client for NT machines » RTT in ippingmon ippingmon now also records packet round trip times (RTT)
Minor release, primarily bug fixes.
- snipslogd-conf extension should have been -confg
- Had to define LD also while generating Makefile. Solaris machines can pick up cc instead of command line gcc.
- » Converts host byte order to network for logging between hosts with different endian.
» Bug fix where process was getting killed in debug mode.
- » Misc bugs in genweb.cgi snipsweb.cgi
» crontab listed snipsweb.cgi in bin/ dir instead of web/cgi dir
» was not handling cookies correctly (email@example.com)
» genweb.cgi was not parsing CGI parameters properly
- Should use qq() instead of q(). Was causing all perl scripts to give errors.
- Was not setting name of config file correctly.
- » Was returning -1 in stratum on error.
» Bug fixed where bzero() was being called after get_inet_address().
- unpack_event() was returning bad values, because tstr was not declared static in event2strarray()
- Added portType option (reported by firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Checks to see if variables were initialized to prevent warning messages.
- Had to comment out the HP private mib since it was messing up the parsing of the 'mib-2.system' tree.
- Numerous bug fixes (email@example.com)
- Error in trimming the variable names.
- Listed log-maint.pl instead of logmaint.pl
Complete rewrite of all modules and libraries.
1. RRDtool Added support for generating RRD databases in all software. 2. multiping » Replaced alarm() with select(). 2x faster (500 sites in 150 secs)
» Can now read host list from stdin instead of cmdline.
» Also monitors round-trip times (RTT)
3. snips.h » Increased size of fields and added new fields.
» All datafiles have DATA_VERSION stored as first event.
4. snipstv » Color ncurses (firstname.lastname@example.org)
» Multiple 'extended' views
5. HUP support All servers support HUP for reloading config files. 6. eventlog.c snipslogd hostname can be set in SNIPSLOG_HOST environment variable for all the monitors (email@example.com). 7. -x option Added -x flag to add an extension to the program name (firstname.lastname@example.org) 8. Local address
If an address is set in the environment variable SNIPS_LCLADDR, that local address is used for binding the local socket (if multiple local address, needed by firewalls) - email@example.com 9. Hostnames Can use hostnames instead of IPaddr in all config files. 10. genweb.cgi Added CGI support to snipsweb.pl (firstname.lastname@example.org) 11. hostmon-nt Hostmon-client for Windows NT machines (email@example.com) 12. notifier.pl Read eventlog data from stdin for running from snipslog.conf 13. portmon Stores and displays the response time of the web pages.