     Re: [snips-users] RRD librrd.so.0 Problem

You probably need to look at ldconfig (under linux) and make sure it
includes the directory/file that the RRD library is located... there's
an equivalent under Solaris 9 (currently forget what it is, since they
waited so long to implement it, of course).  The "right" thing to do is
probably to statically link "ippingmon" (run "ldd" on it to see what
dynamic libs it depends on, etc).  Else, wrap the startup in a startup
script that sets the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the same
directory...

For example:

-- begin
#!/bin/sh

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.48/lib ; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/usr/local/snips/bin/ippingmon

-- end

...really, you should look at ldconfig and make sure it includes the
/usr/local/rrdtool/lib directory, however.  Hope that helps...

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

Seleznick's Theory of Holistic Medicine:
       Ice Cream cures all ills.