From: Russell Van Tassell [mailto:russell at loosenut com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 11:34 PM
To: Brian Andrus
Cc: 'Tim Peiffer'; 'Snips Users list'
Subject: Re: [snips-users] snmpmon and web

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 12:32:43PM -0700, Brian Andrus wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 12:32:43PM -0700, Brian Andrus wrote:
> > > Ok I am trying to get some sort of data out of the snmpmon monitor.
> > >
> > > So far I took the sample config and merely put in one system, the host
> > > snips is running on (Linux 7.2).
>
> It turned out it was the snmpmon-collector script itself.
> It was not properly parsing the results from the ping command so it
thought
> the systems were unavailable and would not even run snmpwalk.

Do you have a diff of the snmpmon-collector script, by chance?  And a
"uname -a" from your system?  It might help others with the same issue
and, with any luck, we can patch it for all to benefit...  ;-)

I'm assuming by "Linux 7.2" you mean RedHat?

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

 Q: Why do ducks have flat feet?     Q: Why do elephants have flat feet?
 A: To stamp out forest fires.       A: To stamp out flaming ducks.