     Re: [snips-users] rrdtool & snips

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:44:15PM -0400, Joshua Sahala wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i am getting a strange error that i am unable to find
> a solution for.  in my $snips/run directory, the error
> files for my monitors are growing with this message:
>
> ERROR: rrd_create() the first entry to the RRD should \
>      be after 1980

Just from the limited amount of information you've given, it sounds like
your RRDs may possibly be corrupt or something.  You might try going in
to your rrddata directory and doing a "dump" or "info" on the files
(particularly on the databases it is complaining about); see if it
complains that way...

So, things like "rrdtool info file.rrd" might be of use...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

 "Good news is just life's way of keeping you off balance."