     [snips-users] Re: [nocol-users] nocol problem monitoring devices behind firewall

  • To: Abhijit Dey <ABHIJIT_DEY at infy com>, nocol-users at navya com
  • Subject: [snips-users] Re: [nocol-users] nocol problem monitoring devices behind firewall
  • From: Ean Kingston <eankingston at home com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:46:34 -0400
  • Prev-sender: owner-snips-users@navya.com
Simple,

You ask the firewall admin to open the ports you need for your monitor
to access the systems on the other side of the firewall. When he (or
she) says 'no', you setup a tunnel using an acceptable protocol (such as
ssh) and connect to the systems on the other side of the firewall that
way.

--
Ean Kingston (eankingston at home com)
     I recently lost my job due to downsizing. If you are