     Nocol-4.2.2beta4

Hi Guys, here are just some questions and experiences with the
latest beta-Version.

Actually, the only program I had to downgrade was the port-monitor -
sometimes it went out of sockets (well - that's what the error
message says) and every counter went to hell and paged us :-)

So I simply use the old one instead.

The rest of the programs runs fine, as before. But there are some
strange messages I can not solve why they happen.
If I use the hostmon, I get these error messages:

nocol@xlink58% ./hostmon
24121
nocol@xlink58% (libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog
send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad
file number
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
(libdebug) eventlog send() error:

which is written on the tty I called hostmon from.

If I start hostmon with the debug-flag on, then there is:

Doing host xlink107.xlink.net
Parsing datafile for xlink107.xlink.net
Updating host xlink107.xlink.net
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: Doing host traveller.xlink.net
Parsing datafile for traveller.xlink.net
Updating host traveller.xlink.net
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: Doing host web8.webmailer.de
newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
(dbg) Trying scp web8.webmailer.de:/tmp/web8.webmailer.de*.hostmon
/tmp/hostmon/web8.webmailer.de.hostmon
Parsing datafile for web8.webmailer.de
Updating host web8.webmailer.de
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: Doing host IIweb3.webmailer.de
newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
(dbg) Trying scp
IIweb3.webmailer.de:/tmp/IIweb3.webmailer.de*.hostmon
/tmp/hostmon/IIweb3.webmailer.de.hostmon
Parsing datafile for IIweb3.webmailer.de
Updating host IIweb3.webmailer.de
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: Doing host lizard.webland.de
Parsing datafile for lizard.webland.de
Updating host lizard.webland.de
(libdebug) eventlog send() error: Doing host cachehost.skydsl.de

But I don't know why..

The machine where it is running is a Solaris 5.6, sun4u sparc
System, everything is in /usr/local/nocol-4.2.2beta4 which is
symlinked to /usr/local/nocol/

Anyone has a suggestion what is causing these errors? and how to
solve them?

Ciao, Hanno
--
i.A. Hanno Wagner, Central Services          Xlink Internet Service GmbH
[X] rince@xlink.net    [X]   Tel: 0721/9652-211  [X]  Fax: 0721/9652-209