     Re: Wondering if you can help ...

  • To: Peter Kelly <pkelly at omen ets.net>
  • Subject: Re: Wondering if you can help ...
  • From: Vikas Aggarwal <vikas at navya com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 01:32:01 -0400
> Thanks for the reply, but can someone help with directing me how to do this.  I
> am setup fine to notifiy me when things go to critical, but I see no mention at
> getting it to then notify when it goes back to info.

You can add a line to noclogd to '| /your/pager/program'  when
'critical' (instead of logging to a file). NOCOL logs at the critical
level when the site goes critical and then when it comes out of critical
(else the log files would all be incomplete).

You can use the simple beep_oncall as an example, and keep it simple
initially.

> Also, I understand there is a fix for the repeat notifications even if set to
> not repeat.  Is there a new version available and where - I did check the site amd
> did not see any mention.

Look in the beta that I had put out... it contains the fix.

	-vikas